Andhra Pradesh Government on 8 December 2014 signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Singapore for the development of its new capital that is set to come up near Vijawayada region.
The MoU was signed by International Enterprise Singapore CEO Teo Eng Cheong and the Infrastructure Corporation of the Andhra Pradesh representative Sambasiva Rao.
Highlights of the MoU
• Under the MoU, Singapore will prepare a master plan for building the new capital of Andhra Pradesh.
• The master plan will be designed for the capital region that is likely to come up in an area of approximately 7300 square kilometres and also for the capital city that will be spread in an area of 125 square kilometres.
• A joint High Level Committee will be set up to monitor the progress of the project.
• The first phase of the development of the capital will be completed by 2019 and some Singapore companies might also be involved in capital construction.
• The Centre for Liveable Cities and Singapore Cooperation Enterprise will also help Andhra Pradesh by providing training programmes for state government officials who will be involved in the development of the capital city.
When: 8 December 2014