11 September 2017: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh.com wants to help every aspirant of competitive exams to revise the day at an ease. These quizzes will help you in answering questions which can/may be asked in the next exam that will be faced by you. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like India`s Most Fearless: True Stories of Modern Military Heroes, 2017 US Open, Mobile wallet app 'Speedpay' and Rohingya issue among others.
1. Name the author of the book, India`s Most Fearless: True Stories of Modern Military Heroes.
a) Urmila Gupta and Rahul Singh
b) Shiv Aroor and Urmila Gupta
c) Shiv Aroor and Rahul Singh
d) Rujuta diwekar and Anita Nair
2. To provide support and counseling to Indians in distress, India has open its second Indian Workers’ Resource Centre at __________?
a) Dubai, UAE
b) Rabat, Morocco
c) Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
d) Sharjah, UAE
3. Which city would be hosting the BWF World Senior Badminton Championship 2017?
c) New Delhi
4. Which state would be providing skill development training to 30000 surrendered militants?
a) Jammu & Kashmir
5. The central government has set up an online service facility to resolve foreign trade-related issues of the traders. What is the facility called?
a) DGFT- solutions
c) Trade- resolve
d) Foreign Trade solutions
6. Mountain ranges of which planet have been named after Nepali and New Zealand mountaineers - Tenzing Norgay and Edmund Hillary?
7. This country has sought India’s support in handling the Rohingya issue by mounting pressure on Myanmar to take back the refugees who have taken shelter in the country.
a) The United States of America
8. Who was awarded with N R Madhava Menon Best Law Teacher Award?
a) Tahir Mahmood
b) Tara Prasad Sapkota
c) Bhavani Prasad Panda
d) Faizan Mustafa
9. Which Anti Tank Guided Missile was successfully test-fired recently?
a) Prithvi Missile
b) Agni Missile
c) Nag Missile
d) Vayu Missile
10. Which state celebrates Himalaya Diwas every year on 9 September?
b) Himachal Pradesh
11. Mobile wallet app 'Speedpay' will not be launched in which state?
b) Jammu and Kashmir
c) West Bengal
12. Which of the following Navratna companies is all set to become a Maharatna firm?
a) Bharat Electronics Limited
b) Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited
c) Engineers India Limited
d) Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited
13. Who of the following won the 2017 US Open Women’s Doubles title?
a) Jamie Murray and Bruno Soares
b) Bob and Mike Bryan
c) Jean-Julien Rojer and Horia Tecău
d) Pablo Carreño Busta and Guillermo García-López
14. Who of the following won the 2017 US Open Women’s Singles title?
a) Martina Hingis
b) Sloane Stephens
c) Madison Keys
d) Chan Yung-jan
15. Who of the following won the 2017 US Open Men’s Singles title?
a) Rafael Nadal
b) Roger Federer
c) Kevin Anderson
d) Stan Wawrinka
1. (c) Shiv Aroor and Rahul Singh
2. (d) Sharjah, UAE
4. (c) Assam
5. (b) Contact@DGFT
7. (b) Bangladesh
8. (a) Tahir Mahmood
9. (c) Nag Missile
10. (a) Uttarakhand
11. (d) Odisha
12. (d) Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited
13. (c) Jean-Julien Rojer and Horia Tecău
14. (b) Sloane Stephens
15. (a) Rafael Nadal
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.