Current Affairs Quiz: 13 February 2020
The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Oscars 2020, special agricultural zone and National Deworming Day among others.
13 February 2020: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Oscars 2020, special agricultural zone and National De-worming Day among others.
1. Pravasi Bhartiya Kendra has been renamed after which late Union Minister?
a) Sushma Swaraj
b) Atal Bihari Vajpayee
c) Arun Jaitley
d) Manohar Parrikar
2. President Ram Nath Kovind presented the President’s Colour to which military unit?
a) INS Vikrant
b) INS Satlej
c) INS Shivaji
d) INS Shivalik
3. Which state government has approved a five day week for government employees?
a) Uttar Pradesh
d) Madhya Pradesh
4. Which state’s Chief Minister has launched 'Anganphou Hunba' programme?
5. When is World Radio Day celebrated every year?
a) 11th February
b) 12th February
c) 13th February
d) 14th February
6. When National Women’s Day of India is celebrated in the country?
a) 10th February
b) 11th February
c) 12th February
d) 13th February
7. What is the name of world’s oldest person who was officially confirmed as the oldest living man by the Guinness World Records on February 12, 2020?
a) Chitetsu Watanabe
b) Chi Hun Saan
c) John Barracks
d) Dai Nippon Meiji
8. Where is the world’s biggest cricket stadium being constructed that will be inaugurated by the US President Donald Trump in February 2020?
a) New York
1. (a) Sushma Swaraj
Indian External Affairs Ministry announced on February 13, 2020 that the Pravasi Bhartiya Kendra has been renamed as Sushma Swaraj Bhawan to commemorate the late leader’s invaluable service to Indian diplomacy.
2. (c) INS Shivaji
INS Shivaji was presented with the President’s Colour by President Ram Nath Kovind on February 13, 2020. The President’s colour is the highest honour bestowed upon any Indian military unit.
3. (c) Maharashtra
The Maharashtra cabinet has approved a five-day working week plan for all government employees.
4. (b) Manipur
Manipur’s Chief Minister N Biren Singh launched 'Anganphou Hunba' programme on February 13, 2020. The state government has prepared a 260-crore rupee project to provide irrigation water to places having adequate arable land and large number of farmers.
5. (c) 13 February
World Radio Day is observed every year on February 13 across the globe. This day highlights importance and value of radio. It was first celebrated by the UNESCO on February 13, 2012.
6. (d) 13 February
National Women's Day is celebrated every year on February 13 in India. It is celebrated on the occasion of Sarojini Naidu's birthday. This year, India is observing her 141st birth anniversary.
7. (a) Chitetsu Watanabe
The Guinness World Records recently announced Chitetsu Watanabe, a Japanese man, as the oldest living man on the earth. His age is 112 years and 344 days as of February 12. He was born on March 5, 1907, in Niigata, Japan.
8. (b) Gujarat
World’s biggest cricket stadium is under construction at Motera, Gujarat. It will be known as Sardar Patel Cricket Stadium. Till date, Melbourne Cricket Stadium is considered as the largest cricket stadium in the world.