Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like Global Innovation Index, BRICS Women Parliamentarian's Forum and women’s singles badminton event at Rio Olympics among others.
1. Kimia Alizadeh Zenoorin recently became the first Iranian woman to win an Olympic medal. She won the bronze medal in which sport?
2. Who won gold in the taekwondo event in the 57kg category at the Rio Olympics?
a) Nikita Glasnovic
b) Eva Calvo Gomez
c) Jade Jones
d) None of the above
3. Which country won the gold medal in women's football event at the Rio Olympics?
b) Great Britain
4. P V Sindhu recently secured a silver medal for India at the Rio Olympics. She is associated with which of the following sports?
5. India ranks at which spot in the 9th edition Global Innovation Index that released recently?
6. The Union Ministry of Mines launched a web portal for star rating of major mineral mines. The system was developed with the help of which of the following companies?
d) National Institute of Smart Governance
7. Badminton player P V Sindhu recently won historic silver medal in women’s singles badminton event at Rio Olympics. Who won gold in the event?
a) Wang Yihan
b) Sain Nehwal
c) Carolina Marin
d) Dolores Marco
8. Which Indian cricketer was recently made an honorary member of the esteemed Marylebone Cricket Club?
a) Sachin Tendulkar
b) Virat Kohli
c) M S Dhoni
d) Virender Sehwag
9. Which educational institute adopted five villages under the Namami Gange Programme to deploy its expertise to limit the flow of sewage into River Ganga?
d) None of the above
10. A two-day meeting of BRICS Women Parliamentarian's Forum will be held in which city?
11. The United States of America recently advised its citizen to not to travel in certain areas of which country?
12. Which country topped the 9th edition Global Innovation Index (GII) 2016 that was released recently?
a) The United States of America
13. Identify the athlete who became the first Iranian woman to win an Olympic medal recently.
a) Mahsa Javar
b) Najmeh Khedmati
c) Leila Rajabi
d) Kimia Alizadeh Zenoorin
14. Pandit Shiv Kumar Sharma will be conferred upon with the annual Sangeet Martand Ustad Chand Khan Lifetime Achievement. He is associated with which of the following musical instruments?
15. India’s first comprehensive Crime Criminal Tracking Network System was recently launched by which state government?
1. (a) Taekwondo
2. (c) Jade Jones
3. (a) Germany
4. (c) Badminton
5. (b) 66th
6. (d) National Institute of Smart Governance
7. (c) Carolina Marin
8. (d) Virender Sehwag
9. (a) IIT-Kanpur
10. (c) Jaipur
11. (b) Ethiopia
12. (d) Switzerland
13. (d) Kimia Alizadeh Zenoorin
14. (a) Santoor
15. (d) Maharashtra
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.