Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like launch of world's biggest radio telescope, Asian Beach Games and 8 satellites launched by ISRO among others.
1. Which country recently launched world's biggest radio telescope in search for extraterrestrial life?
c) The Netherlands
d) The United Kingdom
2. Name the Indian player who recently won India's first medal at Asian Beach Games.
a) Pincky Balhara
b) Shivam Bhowmick
c) Rajat Malhotra
d) None of the above
3. Name the first Russian-Pakistani joint military exercise, which recently commenced in Pakistan.
c) Moskow Friendship-2016
4. Arnold Palmer, nicknamed as ‘The King’ recently passed away. He was related to which of the following fields?
5. Who won the 2016 St Petersburg Open Men’s Singles title?
a) Stan Wawrinka
b) Alexander Zverev
c) Roger Federer
d) Andy Murray
6. Who won the 2016 St Petersburg Open Men’s Doubles title?
a) Dominic Inglot and Henri Kontinen
b) Leander Paes and Andre Begemann
c) Leander Paes and Henri Kontinen
d) Treat Huey and Henri Kontinen
7. Name the satellite of students of IIT, Bombay that was launched in ISRO’s launch in which it sent eight satellites to space under one mission?
8. Name the country whose voters have given a strong approval to a law on new surveillance powers for the intelligence agencies.
9. Who of the following was appointed as the Additional Secretary in the Goods and Services Tax (GST) Council?
a) CK Asnani
b) Arun Goyal
c) Monika Kapil Mohta
d) Mukund Choudhari
10. Who of the following won the women’s doubles title at the Toray Pan Pacific Open trophy?
a) Sania Mirza and Martina Hingis
b) Chen Liang and Zhaoxuan Yang
c) Zhaoxuan Yang and Barbora Strycova
d) Sania Mirza and Barbora Strycova
11. Name the person who won the Under-19 Asian Junior Individual squash championship title.
a) Tushar Shahani
b) Yash Fadte
c) Velavan Senthilkumar
d) Mohammad Al-Sarraj
12. Union Health Ministry has decided to launch the Mission Parivar Vikas in what number of High Focus districts in seven states?
13. Name the Indian cricketer who became the fastest Indian and second overall to take 200 wickets, reaching the milestone in his 37th Test.
a) Ravichandran Ashwin
b) Ravindra Jadeja
c) Ishant Sharma
d) Bhuvneshwar Kumar
14. Name the film that has been selected as India's entry to the 89th Academy Awards (Oscars) to be held in 2017 in the Foreign Language Film category.
b) Udta Punjab
15. Name India’s largest civilian research and development agency that celebrated its platinum jubilee on 26 September 2016.
a) Council of Scientific and Industrial Research
b) Defence Research & Development Organisation
c) Directorate General of Civil Aviation
d) Indian Patent Office
1. (b) China
2. (a) Pincky Balhara
3. (d) Druzhba-2016
4. (c) Golf
5. (b) Alexander Zverev
6. (a) Dominic Inglot and Henri Kontinen
7. (a) Pratham
8. (d) Switzerland
9. (b) Arun Goyal
10. (d) Sania Mirza and Barbora Strycova
11. (c) Velavan Senthilkumar
12. (d) 145
13. (a) Ravichandran Ashwin
14. (d) Visaranai
15. (a) Council of Scientific and Industrial Research