EPFO launches Employees Enrolment Campaign 2017
The employees’ share of contributions, if declared by the employer as not deducted, shall stand waived.
The Employees' Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) on 15 February 2017 launched Employees Enrolment Campaign 2017. The campaign encourages firms to enrol their employees under its schemes at nominal damages of Rupee one per annum.
The declaration scheme is operational between 1 January 2017 and 31 March 2017.
Key highlights of the scheme
• The employees’ share of contributions, if declared by the employer as not deducted, shall stand waived.
• The damages to be paid by the employer in respect of the employer in respect of the employees for whom declaration has been made under this campaign shall be at the rate of Rupee One per annum.
• No administrative charges shall be collected from the employer in respect of the contribution made under the declaration.
• A declaration can be made under the Campaign for the period for which no inquiry under Section 7A has been initiated.
• EPFO has provided facility for online declaration under the Principal Employer section of EPFO portal, which facilities the implementation of the Employees’ Enrolment Campaign.
• After declaration, the payments are to be remitted by the employer through month-wise ECRs for the entire past period of enrolments.
• In addition, furnishing of Aadhar has been made mandatory for members and pensioners of the Employee’s Pension Scheme in order to facilitate enhanced services.