TAL Manufacturing Solutions in April 2017 unveiled India’s first conceptualized, designed and manufactured articulated industrial robot called BRABO.
BRABO stands for “Bravo Robot”. It has been developed indigenously for micro, small and medium enterprises (MSME) in India.
TAL Manufacturing Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of Tata Motors.
Key highlights of BRABO
• The robot was designed and manufactured at the TAL’s Pune factory.
• It is mainly developed to complement the human workforce.
• It also developed to repeatedly perform high volume, dangerous and time-consuming tasks ranging from handling of raw materials to packaging of finished products.
• Other than the motors and drives for the Robo-arm, which are sourced from Italy, all the other parts of the robot were indigenously manufactured in India.
• The robot has four patents registered in its name. TAL has also applied for an intellectual property certification for the robot.
• The robot is easy to install, use, program and maintain. It needs only one-time calibration. It does not require any many calibration in case of maintenance.
• It comes with low-cost power transmission system.
• It will be able to work on single phase power supply suitable for MSMEs in the country.
• It has an inbuilt programmable logic controller and comes with additional software like CAT2Motion, which can input 3D drawings and convert into the BRABO programme.
• The robot can also act as a virtual controller for simulation.
• BRABO will be priced at Rs 3 Lakh for 2kg payload, and Rs 6 Lakh for 10kh payload.
How BRABO will help MSMEs in India?
• BRABO is around 30-40 per cent cheaper than any international industrial robot with similar applications.
• The robot can be used for varied applications for tasks like pick and placement of materials, assembly of parts, machine and press tending, as a sealing application, and camera and vision-based jobs.
• Being an industrial robot, it will help in cost reduction, improved quality, increased production, and improved workplace health and safety.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.