Gujarati film actor Upendra Jethalal Trivedi died
Veteran Gujarati actor Upendra Jethalal Trivedi passed away on 4 January 2015 in Mumbai following respiratory arrest.
Veteran Gujarati actor Upendra Jethalal Trivedi passed away on 4 January 2015 in Mumbai following respiratory arrest. He was 79.
Upendra Jethalal Trivedi
• Born in Kukadia village of north Gujarat, Upendra began working as a labourer in Mumbai.
• In 1971, Upendra began his career as an actor in Gujarati films with the movie Jesal Toral directed by Ravindra Trivedi.
• Upendra is well-known as Abhinay Samrat due to his brilliant performance in the Gujarati play Abhinay Samrat.
• Upendra has directed National Award winning Gujarati film Manvini Bhawai and is also the recipient of Padma Shri in 1989 and Pandit Omkarnath Thakur award.
• He was also an active member in the Gujarat political arena and had won the Gujarat legislative assembly election from Bhiloda in 1980s.