Hema Malini: Beyond the Dream Girl: Ram Kamal Mukherjee
The HarperCollins Publishers India in the second week of February 2017 announced that the biography of Hema Malini, titled Hema Malini: Beyond the Dream Girl, will hit bookstores in October 2017.
The book will be released on the 69th birthday of the dream girl.
The authorised biography is penned by Ram Kamal Mukherjee, a senior journalist and author.
The book discusses Hema Malini’s life and achievement, since she has been extremely active as a stage performer, actor and a politician.
About Hema Malini
• Hema Malini is a famous yesteryear’s Indian actress.
• In 1963, she made her acting debut in Tamil film Ithu Sathiyam as a dancer/supporting actress.
• She first acted in main role in Sapno Ka Saudagar in the year 1968.
• She was initially promoted as the "Dream Girl.” She also starred in a film of the same name in 1977.
• In 2000, she was honoured with the Padma Shri, the fourth-highest civilian honour awarded by the Government of India.
• From 2003 to 2009, she was elected to the Rajya Sabha as a representative of the Bharatiya Janata Party.
• In 2014, she was elected to the Lok Sabha.
About Ram Kamal Mukherjee
• Ram Kamal Mukherjee is a Bollywood film journalist and critic.
• He is best known for his coffee-table book on actress Hema Malini, Hema Malini Diva Unveiled.
• He also released a collection of eight short stories titled Long Island Iced Tea.
PM Modi plans to connect with youth through his book to be published later this year
Indira Gandhi: A Life in Nature authored by Jairam Ramesh launched
Mitchell’s book, Who Has Seen the Wind, returned to library after 52 years with apology note
India might become an educationally failed nation: Ganesh Devy