India on 28 March 2017 achieved a remarkable victory over Australia in the fourth Test by chasing down the 106-run target inside the first session.
India’s KL Rahul scored an unbeaten half-century, while Ajinkya Rahane made an aggressive 37 runs.
With the fourth test win, India won the series 2-1 and reclaimed the Border-Gavaskar Trophy from Australia.
Ravindra Jadeja was declared the Man of the Match and also the Man of the Series.
The 2017 Border-Gavaskar Trophy
• The Australian cricket team toured India in February and March 2017.
• DRS was used for the first time in the Border–Gavaskar Trophy in this series; however, Hot Spot was not used.
• India and Australia played four Test matches.
• The match was played from 23–27 February 2017 at the Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium, Pune. It was the first Test match at this venue.
• Australia’s Mitchell Starc passed 1000 runs in Tests.
• India’s Ravichandran Ashwin overtook Kapil Dev's record for the most wickets in a season in India.
• The match was played from 4–8 March 2017 at M. Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bangalore.
• It was the first time in a Test that four different bowlers each took six wickets in an innings.
• The match was played from 16–20 March 2017 at the JSCA International Stadium Complex, Ranchi.
• Australia’s Steve Smith passed 5000 runs in Tests, becoming the third-fastest and youngest Australian batsman to do so.
• Australia’s Glenn Maxwell scored his maiden Test century and became the second player for Australia to score a century in all three international formats.
• The match was played from 25–29 March 2017 at the Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association Stadium, Dharamsala.
• India’s Ajinkya Rahane captained India for the first time in Tests.
• India’s Kuldeep Yadav made his test debut.
About Border-Gavaskar Trophy
• The Border–Gavaskar Trophy is a Test cricket series.
• It is played between India and Australia.
• It is named after Australia's Allan Border and India's Sunil Gavaskar.
• At present, it is played via the International Cricket Council's future tours program, with varying lengths of time between matches.
• If the series is drawn, then the country holding the trophy retains it.