India and Turkmenistan on 11 July 2015 signed eight agreements/ Memorandum of Understanding (MOUs) to deepen bilateral cooperation between the two nations. They discussed ways to increase regional cooperation and connectivity.
The agreements were inked during the two-day visit of Prime Minister Narendra Modi to Turkmenistan from 10 July to 11 July 2015. Modi paid an official visit to Turkmenistan at the invitation of the President of Turkmenistan Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov.
List of Agreements/ MOUs signed
• MoU on supply of chemical products between the Indian Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) ‘Rashtriya Chemicals and Fertilizers Limited’ and the Turkmen State concern ‘Turkmenhimiya’
• MoU between the Foreign Service Institute of the Ministry of External Affairs of the Republic of India and the Institute of International Relations of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Turkmenistan
• Agreement between the ministry of youth affairs and sports of India and the state committee for sport of Turkmenistan on cooperation in the field of sports
• Programme of cooperation in science and technology between India and Turkmenistan for the period of 2015-2017
• MoU between India and Turkmenistan on cooperation in Yoga and Traditional Medicine
• MoU on cooperation in the field of tourism
• Agreement on cooperation in the field of Defence
Besides, the two nations also released an Indo-Turkmen Joint Statements after PM Modi and President Berdimuhamedov held extensive discussions on bilateral relations as well as regional and international issues of mutual interest.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
What: Inked 8 agreements
When: 11 July 2015
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.