The Energy Efficiency Services Limited on 16 August 2017 signed a Memorandum of Understanding with three state-owned oil marketing companies for the distribution of energy-efficient appliances through petrol pumps across India.
The energy-efficient appliances include LED bulbs, tubelights and ceiling fans and they would be sold under the flagship Unnat Jeevan by Affordable LEDs and Appliances for All (UJALA) scheme.
Speaking on the occasion, Petroleum Minister Dharmendra Pradhan said, the three oil marketing companies have over 53 thousand petrol pumps and the products will be available across the country in the next 6 months.
• The three oil marketing companies are Indian Oil Corporation Limited, Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited and Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited.
• The distribution of the energy efficient appliances will be conducted in a phased manner across the country. In the first phase, the distribution will start from Uttar Pradesh and Maharashtra.
• The consumer would now be able to purchase high-quality 9W LED bulbs at Rs 70, 20W LED tubelight at Rs 220 and 5 star rated ceiling fans at the rate of Rs 1200.
• Currently over 25 Cr LED bulbs, 30 lakh LED tubelights and more than 11 lakh energy efficient fans have been distributed under the Ujala scheme.
• The Scheme was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in January 2015.
The distribution of these energy efficient appliances has led to an annual energy saving of over 3,340 Cr kWh, resulting in avoidance of over 6,725 MW of peak demand.
The initiative is a step towards realising the Centre’s vision of reducing our dependence on import of energy.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.
President Ram Nath Kovind’s visit to Cyprus: Key Highlights
India records best-ever performance at Asian Games 2018: In Detail
Indus Waters Treaty: India, Pakistan agree to undertake Treaty mandated tours on both sides
Vodafone-Idea merger completed; creating India’s largest telecom service provider