Meeker Report 2013: Indian Internet Users Share Almost Everything Online
A latest study called Meeker Report 2013, conducted by Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers (KPCB) was held from 28 May 2013 to 30 May 2013.
A latest study called Meeker Report 2013, conducted by the venture capital firm of the US; Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers (KPCB) was held from 28 May 2013 to 30 May 2013. The D11 Conference was held in which highlights about the technology and media were made.
The report revealed that the Internet users in India were the second largest online sharers. The report also highlighted that the Indian Internet users would share almost everything or most of the things on the Internet. By sharing online, it means that the Internet users will share status updates, videos, photos and feelings on the Internet. The first place of the online sharers is grabbed by Saudi Arabia.
About the Meeker Report 2013
• The Meeker Report 2013 was unveiled at the D11 Conference. The Wall Street Journal’s D: All Things Digital conference made its debut in 2003. The conference breaks the news about the technology and media, as well as brings out highlights of the innovations.
• The survey is the annual study which is conducted by the venture capital firm Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers (KPCB), which studies about the internet penetration as well as smartphones.
• The firm also studies about the increasing demand of tablet computing as well as the effect of immigration in US on tech industry.
• Meeker Report is named after the analyst known as Mary Meeker. The entire tech community looks forward to the annual status reports of Mary Meeker. Mary Meeker, the Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers partner, actually highlights about the growth of Internet use as well as activities on the mobiles.
Key points of the Meeker Report 2013
• In the report, it was also found that India was at the fifth position in terms of smartphone subscriber base in 2013. It is important to note that India added a total of 88 million subscribers in the smartphone market in from the time period between 2008 and 2012. In the year 2012, there were 137 million internet users. India in these aspects remained second to China with a considerable difference. In China, these figures were 264 million and 564 million respectively.
• The Meeker Report 2013 also studied about the behavioural aspect of the reach of people to their smartphones. It was found in the report that users made use of their smartphones around 150 times in a day, out of which 18 times was to check time and 23 times was for messaging.
• Another trend showed that Facebook was at the top most position among growing social media services, followed by Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube (GOOG), LinkedIn (LNKD). It was also found that on daily basis, around 500 million photos are shared on the Internet. Between 2013 and 2014, this number is expected to double.
• In the Meeker Report 2013, it was found that mobile comprised of merely 15 percent of the Internet traffic. There are, at present, 1.5 billion mobile subscriptions across the world.