The National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) on 17 August 2017 launched two mobile apps MyFASTag and FASTag Partner to facilitate the availability of FASTags for Electronic Toll Collection.
The mobile apps will ease the process of purchase and recharge of FASTags just at the click of a mobile button.
• MyFASTag is a consumer app that can be downloaded from the App Store for both Android and iOS systems.
• Through this app, a consumer can purchase or recharge FASTags.
• The App also helps to keep track of transactions and also provides for online grievance redressal.
FASTag Partner App
• FASTag Partner is a merchant app that will help agencies like Common Services Centre, banking partners and vehicle dealers to sell and enroll FASTag through this App.
• It can also be used to activate the RFID tags that came built in with around 74 lakh cars in the country.
• These RFID tags are already fixed on the cars but are dormant. This App will convert these RFID tags into FASTag.
Moreover, NHAI has also started Online sale of FASTags and offline sale through Common Services Centre (CSC) near toll plazas. So, FASTag can now be purchased online from Issuer Banks websites or NHAI website or from IHMCL website and will be delivered by courier at the door step.
What: Launched by NHAI
When: 17 August 2017
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.
President Ram Nath Kovind’s visit to Cyprus: Key Highlights
India records best-ever performance at Asian Games 2018: In Detail
Indus Waters Treaty: India, Pakistan agree to undertake Treaty mandated tours on both sides
Vodafone-Idea merger completed; creating India’s largest telecom service provider