Ten regional parties of North East India on 20 October 2013 formed the North East Regional Political Front (NERPF).The North East Regional Political Front will work to safeguard the political ,economic, social and ethnic identity of the people of the North East region.
Neiphiu Rio, the Nagaland chief minister appointed as NERPF convener and Prafulla Kumar Mahanta, Asom Gana Parishad President appointed as NERPF’s chief advisor.
Whlie announcing the formation of the North East Regional Political Front (NERPF) Neiphiu Rio told that NERPF is a political party and it is a federation of the regional parties. He also told that NERPF will contest in 2014 General Elections.
Ten regional parties of North East Regional Political Front
1. Naga People's Front (NPF)
2. Asom Gana Parishad(AGP)
3. Hills State Democratic Party
4. Meghalaya United Democratic Party
5. Manipur Peoples Party
6. Manipur State Congress Party
7. Manipur Democratic People’s Front
8. Indigenous Peoples Front of Tripura,
9. Peoples Party of Arunachal
10. Mizo National Front