The National Helicopter operator Pawan Hans is going to launch a new service, ‘Delhi Darshan rides’ from 1 April 2017.
The announcement of the same was made by the operator’s Chairman and Managing Director B P Sharma during the inauguration of the nation’s first heliport in Rohini, in the north of Delhi.
• The service would include two rides, a 10 minute one and a 20 minute one.
• While the 10 minute one would cost around Rs 2499 per person, the 20 minute one would be a slightly more expensive service with the cost being around Rs 4999 per person.
• The rides would commence from the company’s state of the art integrated heliport at Rohini.
• The service would undergo a trial run between 25 and 26 March.
• It would be officially opened for regular service on 1 April.
In its latest statement, the company said that the visitors can take a helicopter ride to experience the breathtaking beauty of the city through an aerial view of Majnu Ka Tila, Pritam Pura Tower, Red Fort, Akshardham Temple, Rajghat and other surrounding areas.
Besides this, the Rohini facility will also be useful in cases of medical emergency and public safety in the future.