PM Modi laid the foundation for Mega ropeway in Kedarnath
Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone for the Gaurikund-Kedarnath ropeway and Govindghat to Hemkund Sahib and road widening projects in Kedarnath. Read below to know the details.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone for the Gaurikund-Kedarnath ropeway and Govindghat to Hemkund Sahib and road widening projects in Kedarnath on October 21, 2022. The two projects are worth around Rs1000 crore.
PM Modi also inaugurated connectivity projects worth 3,400 crores in Mana village of Chamoli district of Uttarakhand. He also announced that NCC units, battalions, and Group Headquarters will soon be set up in remote and hilly areas for the personality development of the youth.
PM Modi lays foundation of connectivity projects at Uttarakhand's Mana village— ANI Digital (@ani_digital) October 21, 2022
Read @ANI Story | https://t.co/Mjq5oczlJg#PMModi #Uttarakhand #ConnectivityProjects #Kedarnath #Badrinath pic.twitter.com/pBftlaOYfo
Ropeway projects in Kedarnath: Significance
- The construction of ropeway projects Gaurikund to Kedarnath and Govindghat to Hemkund Sahib is not only about providing connectivity, but they will also offer a fillip to the economic development in the state.
- The building of ropeways to Hemkund Sahib will make travel to Hemkund easier and will light up celebrations throughout the world.
- People living as far as Canada and the United States would also be delighted with the development projects.
- The development initiatives in places of spiritual importance will help devotees and boost tourism.
- These developments will not only provide convenience to all the devotees but also attract the youth of the nation.
What did PM Modi say?
- Prime Minister Modi stated that two pillars for developed India of the 21st century include pride in heritage and making all possible efforts for development for all.
- PM Modi addressed the people at Mana village and said that to be civilized, a person needs to respect one’s historical heritage, ethics, and values.
- He said that with the development of infrastructure projects and ropeways in the region, taking blessings from deities of Kedarnath, Badrinath, and Hemkund Sahib has become easy.
- PM Modi said that all development initiatives in the country should also focus on inclusivity and the ropeway project will enable divyangs easy access to places of religious & spiritual importance.
Prime Minister Modi also performed Pooja at Shri Kedarnath Temple and Badrinath temple. He also reviewed various developmental projects at Badrinath. Uttarakhand Governor Gurmeet Singh and Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami were also present at the ceremony.
Take Weekly Tests on app for exam prep and compete with others. Download Current Affairs and GK app
एग्जाम की तैयारी के लिए ऐप पर वीकली टेस्ट लें और दूसरों के साथ प्रतिस्पर्धा करें। डाउनलोड करें करेंट अफेयर्स ऐपAndroidIOS