Power Grid Corporation of India signs MoU with Abu Dhabi Water & Electricity Authority
The MoU was signed by Saeed Al Suwaidi, Managing Director of Abu Dhabi Distribution Co (UAE) and Anil Mehra, Executive Director- International Business of POWERGRID.
Central Power Sector PSU Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd, popularly known as POWERGRID, on 25 January 2017 signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Abu Dhabi Water & Electricity Authority (ADWEA) & its group of companies in Gurgaon.
The MoU was signed by Saeed Al Suwaidi, Managing Director of Abu Dhabi Distribution Co (UAE) and Anil Mehra, Executive Director- International Business of POWERGRID in the presence of IS Jha, CMD of POWERGRID.
Highlights of the MoU
• The MoU envisages cooperation between ADWEA & its group of companies and POWERGRID to work in different areas including smart grid, Transmission technology.
• Both the companies will also work for providing capability development and training in the field of Operation & Maintenance (O&M), Asset Management, Project Management, Power Transmission & Distribution, etc.
• POWERGRID will also assist ADWEA in setting up an advanced World Class Capability Development institute in UAE.
About Abu Dhabi Water & Electricity Authority (ADWEA)
• Founded in 1998, About Abu Dhabi Water & Electricity Authority is a financially and administratively independent organization.
• Owned by Abu Dhabi Government, the Abu Dhabi Water & Electricity Authority researches and develops varied ways to efficiently produce, distribute and consume water and electricity.
• Presently, the company is striving to meet the Abu Dhabi 2030 vision by providing the water and electricity the UAE needs.
About Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd
• POWERGRID is a 'Navaratna' Central Public Sector Enterprise.
• It works towards becoming the world class and integrated global transmission company with dominant leadership in the emerging power markets by ensuring reliability and economy.
• Listed in the stock exchange since 2007, the company is consistently rated as Excellent under the MoU that was signed with the Union Ministry of Power in 1993-94.