Prasanna Kumar Mohanty, an IAS officer of the 1979 batch on 1 May 2013 was appointed as Chief Secretary of Andhra Pradesh government.
He will be succeeding Minnie Mathew who retired on 1 May 2013 after completing a three-month extension.
A Brief Insight into Prasana Kumar Mohanty’s Career
• Prasana Mohanty obtained his Master’s and doctorate degrees from Boston University and completed his post-doctorate work in Finance Policy and Urban Affairs from the Harvard.
• Prasana Kumar Mohanty has worked in various capacities in different parts of the State.
• He was the collector of Guntur, Commissioner of Visakhapatnam Municipal Corporation, and Commissioner and Special Officer of (erstwhile) Municipal Corporation of Hyderabad.
• He had also won the Prime Minister’s Award for best civic services and it was during his tenure from 1999 to 2001 that Hyderabad got a facelift as it emerged a metropolis.
• He was Joint Secretary and Mission Director in the Union Urban Affairs Ministry in 2006 and later elevated to become Secretary and Mission Director.