Union Minister of State (IC) for Power, Coal and New & Renewable Energy Piyush Goyal along with Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu on 7 April 2016 launched two schemes in Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh.
These are National Energy Efficient Agriculture Pumps Programme and National Energy Efficient Fan Programme.
National Energy Efficient Agriculture Pumps Programme
• It will help farmers in replacing energy guzzlers age-old agricultural pumps across the country with the new-age energy efficient agricultural pumps, with a 5-Star Rating.
• The farmers will have flexibility to switch-on and switch-off the pumps from their mobile phones and from the comfort of their homes as the pumps will come enabled with smart control panel and a SIM card.
• Through these new-age energy efficient SIM-enabled agricultural pumps, Union Power Ministry is looking at a 30 percent savings in energy by 2019.
• This will then boil down to an annual savings of approx 20000 crore rupees on agricultural subsidies or a saving of 50 billion units of energy every year.
National Energy Efficient Fan Programme
• It was launched through state owned entity –Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL), a Joint Venture of PSUs under Union Ministry of Power, for Indian households and businesses.
• It seeks to provide Energy Efficient Ceiling Fans of 5-star rating 50 Watts at 60 rupees per month on EMI basis and 1250 rupees on upfront basis.
• The Fans will be from leading companies such as Usha and Bajaj.
• The usage of these energy efficient fans will help the consumers to save 700 rupees a year on their electricity bills.
• A total of two ceiling fans can be bought on one electricity bill from domestic category consumers only.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
What: launched two schemes
When: 7 April 2016
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.