The Seventh Vibrant Gujarat Summit was held from 11 January to 13 January 2015 in Gandhinagar, Gujarat. The summit was organised by the Government of Gujarat. The sixth Vibrant Gujarat summit was held in 2013.
During the summit, Gujarat Chief Minister Anandiben Patel announced that the MoUs singed includes as many as 1225 strategic partnerships. The companies that have disclosed their investment committments include Reliance Industries, Adani Group, Aditya Birla Group, Suzlon and Videocon, and also some foreign players like Rio Tinto, Suzuki and CLP Holdings.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi, US Secretary of State John Kerry, Chief Minister of Gujarat Anandiben Patel, World Bank President Jim Yong Kim, Union Finance Minister Arun Finance Minister Arun Jaitley was attended the summit.
Highlights of the Summit
• The various leaders and experts from across the world also called for greater reforms in India.
• Gujarat Chief Minister Anandiben Patel announced that Gujarat has become a global business hub.
• John Kerry was highly inspired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi's slogan of Sabka Saath, Sabka Vikas. He said that the US wants to promote co-operative federalism in India with a competitive element among the states.
• World Bank President Jim Yong Kim said that World Bank raised targeted growth of India to 6.4 percent. And also, he said that tax and subsidy reforms are essential for inclusive growth in India.
• Prime Minister Modi called for sustainable, inclusive growth and said that fluctuations in the global economy are the biggest concern. He also said that India wants to work with global leadership on issues ranging from poverty to ecology with various countries that are coming forward to work with India.
• Adani Group committed 20000 crore rupees investment in port sector in Gujarat and also another investment of 25000 crore rupees power sector plan.
• Reliance Industries chief Mukesh Ambani had announced one lakh crore rupees investment and Birla Group has committed 20000 crore rupees in 12- 18 months across businesses.
• Among foreign companies, Mining giant of Australia Rio Tinto announced 30000 jobs in diamond cutting industry in Gujarat, and Australia is looking forward to Gujarat as a promising business destination.
When: 13 January 2015