Sirikonda Madhusudhana Chary became first speaker of Telangana Legislative Assembly
Sirikonda Madhusudhana Chary of the TRS became the first speaker of Telangana.
Sirikonda Madhusudhana Chary of Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS) became the first speaker of Telangana Legislative Assembly on 10 June 2014. Chary won the assembly election from Bhupalpalli constituency in Warangal district.
The Speaker of the state Assembly is similar to the Lok Sabha Speaker and the role of the state assembly is same that of the speaker of the Lok Sabha.
About Srikonda Madhusudhana Chary
• He was born in Narsakkapalli village in Parkal mandal of Warangal.
• He was a post-graduate in English Literature from Kakatiya University.
• He was elected for the first time to the united Andhra Pradesh MLA on TDP ticket in 1994 from Shayampet Assembly constituency.
• He was one of the founding members of TRS and was made General Secretary in October 2001.
• He also worked as a TRS party spokesperson.