Stanislas Wawrinka Defeated David Ferrer to Win ATP World Tour, Portugal Open 2013 Title
Stanislas Wawrinka defeated David Ferrer in the final match of Portugal Open 2013 title at Oeiras on 5 May 2013 by a 6-1, 6-4 margin.
Switzerland’s Stanislas Wawrinka defeated Spain’s David Ferrer in the final match of ATP World Tour, Portugal Open 2013 title at Oeiras on 5 May 2013 by a 6-1, 6-4 margin.
David Ferrer, inspite of the defeat, maintains a record of 7-4 against Stanislas Wawrinka. This is the fourth career title of Stanislas Wawrinka and also first since January 2011.
About Stanislas Wawrinka
• Stanislas Wawrinka won challenger titles at San Benedetto and Geneva in 2003.
• He made his Davis Cup debut in the year 2004.
• In 2006, he won his first ATP title in Umag against Djokovic.
• In 2007, he finished in Top 40 for second straight year.
• In the year 2008, he recorded a most consistent season by entering into Top 10 and reaching to the finals of two ATP- ATP Masters Series Rome and Doha. He also won doubles gold medal at Beijing Olympics in the same year.
• In 2011, he reached to the finals of ATP in doubles category at ATP World Tour Masters 1000 Indian Wells.
• In 2012, he finished in Top 20 for the second year in a row as well as third time in the career.