Switzerland’s Stanislas Wawrinka defeated Spain’s David Ferrer in the final match of ATP World Tour, Portugal Open 2013 title at Oeiras on 5 May 2013 by a 6-1, 6-4 margin.
David Ferrer, inspite of the defeat, maintains a record of 7-4 against Stanislas Wawrinka. This is the fourth career title of Stanislas Wawrinka and also first since January 2011.
About Stanislas Wawrinka
• Stanislas Wawrinka won challenger titles at San Benedetto and Geneva in 2003.
• He made his Davis Cup debut in the year 2004.
• In 2006, he won his first ATP title in Umag against Djokovic.
• In 2007, he finished in Top 40 for second straight year.
• In the year 2008, he recorded a most consistent season by entering into Top 10 and reaching to the finals of two ATP- ATP Masters Series Rome and Doha. He also won doubles gold medal at Beijing Olympics in the same year.
• In 2011, he reached to the finals of ATP in doubles category at ATP World Tour Masters 1000 Indian Wells.
• In 2012, he finished in Top 20 for the second year in a row as well as third time in the career.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.