The Board of Tata Global Beverages on 15 November 2016 voted to remove Cyrus Mistry as the Chairman of the company.
The Board voted to appoint Harish Bhat as the Chairman of the company. Bhat is the Non-Executive Director on the board of the company.
This is the second time that Mistry is shown the doors out from a Tata entity. Earlier, Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) had replaced him with Ishaat Hussain as the Interim Chairman.
Bhat had joined the Tata Group in 1987 under Tata Administrative Services (TAS). He earlier worked as the Chief Operating Officer of Titan. He is also the author of a book titled Tata Log: Eight Modern Stories From A Timeless Institution.
About Tata Global Beverages
• Tata Global Beverages Limited is an Indian multinational non-alcoholic beverages company.
• It was formerly known as Tata Tea Limited.
• It is headquartered in Kolkata, West Bengal.
• It is the world's second-largest manufacturer and distributor of tea.
• It markets tea under the major brands Tata Tea, Tetley, Good Earth Teas and JEMCA.
• Tata Tea is the biggest-selling tea brand in India, whereas Tetley is the biggest-selling tea brand in Canada. JEMCA is the biggest-selling tea brand in the Czech Republic.
• Tata Global Beverages ventured into the Indian cafe market with a 50/50 joint venture with Starbucks Coffee Company.
When: 15 November 2016