11 April 2018: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as 8th Theatre Olympics, Project Dhoop and CWG 2018 among others.
1. India’s first high-speed electric locomotive was launched in which state?
b) Uttar Pradesh
2. FSSAI launched Project Dhoop recently to address deficiency of which Vitamin amongst youngsters?
a) Vitamin C
b) Vitamin D
c) Vitamin K
d) Vitamin K12
3. The 8th Theatre Olympics concluded in which city?
a) New Delhi
4. Which state government launched the Ganga Hariteema Yojana?
d) Uttar Pradesh
5. India signed MoU with which country to set up a 129.5 km oil pipeline?
b) Sri Lanka
6. Which airport entered the club of the top 20 airports across the world, as per the Airport Council International’s preliminary report on airport traffic for 2017?
a) John F. Kennedy International Airport
b) Indira Gandhi International Airport
c) Atlanta Airport
d) Hong Kong Airport
7. Who became the only second Indian after legendary Milkha Singh to qualify for 400m finals in CWG 2018?
a) Om Prakash Mitharval
b) Amit Phangal
c) Vikas Krishan
d) Mohammad Anas
Video: Check out the latest current affairs of this week
8. Which Indian shooter won the gold medal in the women’s double trap event?
a) Shreyasi Singh
b) Heena Sidhu
c) Apurvi Chandela
d) Mehuli Ghosh
9. Which Indian Para athlete became the first one to clinch a Paralympic medal for India in CWG 2018?
a) Ankur Mittal
b) Gaurav Solanki
c) Sachin Chaudhary
d) Naman Tanwar
10. The 16th International Energy Forum (IEF) ministerial meeting was held in which city?
c) New Delhi
11. Which city hosted the first International conference on Water, Environment and Climate Change?
12. An Indian Consortium of companies has signed a MoU with the world’s largest oil producer- Saudi Aramco to jointly develop a mega refinery located in this state.
c) Madhya Pradesh
Answers with Explanation
1. (a) Bihar
India’s first high-speed electric locomotive was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi from the Madhepura Electric Locomotive Factory in Bihar on April 10, 2018. It is a 12000 horsepower engine with a maximum speed of 110 km per hour.
2. (b) Vitamin D
The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) has launched a unique initiative ‘Project Dhoop’ to encourage schools to shift their morning assembly to around noon-time, mainly between 11 am to 1 pm, to ensure maximum absorption of Vitamin D in students through natural sunlight.
3. (c) Mumbai
After a glorious run of 51 days across 17 cities of India, the historic event 8th Theatre Olympics drew to a colourful end in Mumbai. The 8th Theatre Olympics aimed to showcase the rich heritage and culture across the length and breadth of the country.
4. (d) Uttar Pradesh
The Uttar Pradesh Government launched the Ganga Hariteema Yojana (also known as Ganga Greenery scheme) in 27 districts of the state located on the bank of river Ganga. Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has launched the scheme at Allahabad.
5. (a) Bangladesh
India and Bangladesh on April 9, 2018 signed an agreement to set up a 129.5 km oil pipeline aimed at pumping oil from India to Bangladesh with a capacity of 1 million metric tons per annum.
6. (b) Indira Gandhi International Airport
Delhi’s Indira Gandhi International (IGI) Airport entered the club of the top 20 airports across the world, as per the Airport Council International’s preliminary report on airport traffic for 2017, published on April 9, 2018.
7. (d) Mohammad Anas
In a surprising high for India, Indian sprinter Mohammad Anas qualified for the finals of men’s 400m event. However, he narrowly missed the bronze by finishing fourth. It was the first time that an Indian was competing in the 400m final at the Commonwealth Games since the legendary Milkha Singh in 1958.
8. (a) Shreyasi Singh
Indian shooter Shreyasi Singh on April 11, 2018 beat Australia's Emma Cox to clinch the gold medal in the women's double trap event at Commonwealth Games. Shreyasi shot 96 and was tied with Cox in the final round and claimed the top spot by beating the Australian in a shoot-off. The Indian shooter had won silver in Glasgow in 2014.
9. (c) Sachin Chaudhary
India on April 10, 2018 clinched its first Paralympic medal with Para powerlifter Sachin Chaudhary bagging bronze in the heavyweight category. Chaudhary lifted a total of 181 kg to finish behind Nigeria’s Abdulazeez Ibrahim (191.9kg) and Malaysia’s Yee Khie Jong (188.7). The athlete managed the feat without much training and a proper coach.
10. (c) New Delhi
The 16th International Energy Forum ministerial meeting is being held in New Delhi under the theme "The Future of Global Energy Security: Transition, Technology, Trade and Investment”. The event is aimed at improving policy and investment decisions through increased knowledge and experience sharing.
11. (b) Kathmandu
The first international conference on ‘Water, Environment and Climate Change: Knowledge Sharing and Partnership’ was inaugurated in Kathmandu, Nepal on April 10. The impact of climate change is increasing with each passing day and is especially alarming for nations such as Nepal as its glaciers and snow capped mountains are melting.
12. (d) Maharashtra
An Indian consortium comprising IOCL, BPCL and HPCL has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Saudi Aramco, the world’s largest oil producer to jointly develop and build Ratnagiri Refinery in Maharashtra.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.