Top Current Affairs Quiz: 31 January 2019
The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Union Budget 2019-20, Swadesh Darshan Project and 'Aber' common digital currency among others.
31 January 2019: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Union Budget 2019-20, Swadesh Darshan Project and 'Aber' common digital currency among others.
1. Amnesty has urged travel sites to ban settlement listings in which nation?
2. The National Salt Satyagraha Memorial has been inaugurated in which state?
a) Uttar Pradesh
3. Which among the following states has launched a special scheme to curb infant deaths?
d) Uttar Pradesh
4. The central banks of which two nations have launched common digital currency called 'Aber'?
a) France, Germany
b) UAE, Saudi Arabia
c) Saudi Arabia, Qatar
d) Qatar, UAE
5. India has signed a protocol for the export of Indian tobacco leave with which nation?
6. Finance Minister Piyush Goyal will be presenting the Union Budget 2019-20 on February 1, 2019. This year Buedget will be the Interim Budget. What is the another term used for Interim Budget?
a) Demands for Grants
c) Vote on Account
d) Appropriation Bill
7. Which organisation recently proposed a new set of relaxed norms for Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) and Infrastructure Investment Trusts (InvITs)?
d) NITI Aayog
8. The first project under the Swadesh Darshan Project was launched in which state of North-East Region?
9. Which State presented its annual budget of Rs 19,548.69 crore for the year 2019-20 on January 30, 2019?
10. Which airlines recently resumed its services from New Delhi to the holy city of Najaf in Iraq after 25 years?
a) Air India
b) Air Asia
d) Tiger Air
1. (b) Israel
Amnesty International has urged online travel sites to ban listings from Israeli settlements in the occupied West Bank. The group’s report titled ‘Destination: Occupation’ stated that rental sites are driving tourism to settlements that most of the world considers illegal.
2. (d) Gujarat
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has dedicated the National Salt Satyagraha Memorial at Dandi in Navsari district, Gujarat to the nation, on the occasion of Mahatma Gandhi’s 71st death anniversary. The memorial has 24-narrative murals depicting various events and stories from the historic 1930 Dandi March.
3. (a) Maharashtra
The state government of Maharashtra has started distributing baby-care kits to the children born in primary health centres and government hospitals, as part of its efforts to reduce the infant mortality rate. The baby-care kits will be given to the women, who are admitted to a state-run hospital, after their first delivery.
4. (b) UAE, Saudi Arabia
The central banks of the United Arab Emirates and Saudi Arabia have launched a common digital currency called Aber, which will be used in financial settlements between the two countries through Blockchains and Distributed Ledgers technologies.
5. (c) China
India and China have signed the protocol for exports of Indian tobacco leaves to China. Quality tobacco on par with international standards is available in India at competitive prices and there is a good potential for export of Indian tobacco to China.
6. (c) Vote on Account
Finance Minister Piyush Goyal will be presenting the Union Budget 2019-20 on February 1, 2019. It will be the last Budget of the Modi Government before the 2019 Lok Sabha elections. This year, the government will present the Interim Budget, also known as ‘Vote on Account’ as it is close to the end of its term. An interim budget is usually passed by the Lok Sabha without discussion.
7. (b) SEBI
The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) on January 30, 2019 proposed a new set of relaxed norms for Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) and Infrastructure Investment Trusts (InvITs) to increase access to investors.
8. (a) Sikkim
K.J. Alphons, Union Minister for Tourism, on January 30, 2019 inaugurated the first project under the Swadesh Darshan Project of the Union Ministry of Tourism at the Zero Point, Gangtok, Sikkim. This project was sanctioned by the Ministry of Tourism in June 2015 for Rs. 98.05 crores and is the first ever project in Sikkim under the scheme.
9. (d) Goa
Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar, who also holds Finance portfolio, presented annual budget of Rs 19,548.69 crore for the year 2019-20 as against Rs 17,123.28 crore for the year 2018-19, representing an increase of 14.16 percent over last year.
10. (a) Air India
Air India is resuming its services from New Delhi to the holy city of Najaf in Iraq after 25 years. Indian Ambassador to Iraq Dr Pradeep Rajpurohit said, the services will commence from the February 14, 2019.