The Emirates National Oil Company (ENOC) on 26 April 2017 opened United Arab Emirates’ first solar-powered gas station.
The ENOC states that the country’s first solar-powered gas station signifies country’s increased focus on maintaining the highest standards of sustainability and clean energy.
The station goes in line with the great strides made by the Emirate of Dubai to turn itself into a hub for renewable energy as part of the Dubai 2020 Vision. The Vision plans make the emirate the smartest and the most sustainable in the world.
• The service station lies on Dubai’s main Sheikh Zayed Road thoroughfare.
• It is covered with solar panels that can generate up to 120 kilowatt hours.
• It generates about 30 percent more energy than the station needs. The excess power is directed back into the city's electric grid.
• The new development fits within the pioneering initiatives launched by ENOC nationwide over the past period in alignment with the government plans to.
• The services station is planned to reduce CO2 emissions by 195 million metric tonnes annually.
• It will also wield a number of energy consumption reduction techniques.
When: 26 April 2017
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.