Union Cabinet approved MoU with BRICS for energy conservation
The MoU provides for joint scientific and technological research, capacity building and technology transfer in the field of Energy Savings and Energy Efficiency.
The Union Cabinet on 16 December 2015 gave its ex-post facto approval to a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed between India and BRICS countries (Brazil, Russia, China and South Africa) for strengthening energy efficiency cooperation.
The MoU provides for
• Joint scientific and technological research
• Conferencing and holding of lectures and seminars
• Capacity building and technology transfer
• Technology development, sharing policies and best practices
• Encouragement of use of energy efficient and energy saving approaches and instruments in the work of the business entities of the BRICS countries, carried out within the BRICS countries in Consultation with the host country.
Under the present MoU, the BRICS countries intend to examine the practicability of development of the comprehensive programme of cooperation in energy saving and energy efficiency promotion that includes specific common projects, applicable methods and instruments of energy saving and energy efficiency increase in their economies.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App