Union Minister of Power Piyush Goyal on 20 December 2016 launched the GARV-II mobile app with an aim to provide village-wise and habitation-wise base line data on household electrification for all the states.
This GARV-II mobile app is an upgraded version of the GARV mobile app that was launched in October 2015 for the efficient monitoring of the village electrification programme. This version has till now mapped the data of only 18452 un-electrified villages.
Highlights of the GARV-II mobile app
• Data of about 6 lakh villages having 17 crore people has been mapped in the app for tracking progress on household electrification in each of the habitations of the villages.
• Status of village-wise works sanctioned under the Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana and release of funds to the states for these projects has been mapped in the app to monitor the progress.
• All the data will be made available in the app to ensure transparency and enhance accountability of various stakeholders along with facilitating view of real time progress.
Citizen Engagement Window ‘SAMVAD’
• The Union Ministry also launched the Citizen Engagement Window SAMVAD with an aim to enhance the participation of public at large.
• This window will take in the feedback and suggestions from the people which will be then automatically forwarded to the concerned Managing Director and Superintending Engineer.
• The information will be given through SMS and e-mail for online monitoring and further action.
Moreover, on the same occasion, the Ministry presented awards to the best performing Grameen Vidyut Abhiyanta (GVAs). It also presented the Digital India Award 2016 to GARV mobile app for getting featured in the Top 3 best Mobile Apps that played revolutionary role in bringing Good Governance.
When: 20 December 2016
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.