The Union Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation on 22 March 2017 sanctioned 3128 more affordable houses for the benefit of urban poor in Puducherry, 924 for Telangana and 2655 for Himachal Pradesh under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY).
The Ministry, in all, approved 124521 affordable houses for urban poor with an overall approved investment of Rs 95671 crore for constructing such houses under PMAY(Urban). Central assistance of Rs 27766 crore was approved for construction of these houses.
• Puducherry was sanctioned 3128 houses in four towns under Beneficiary Led Construction (BLC) component of PMAY (Urban) at a total project cost of Rs 131 crore for which central assistance of Rs47 crore was approved. With this, total number of houses sanctioned for Puducherry increased to 3848.
• Till now, Puducherry city got 2093 houses followed by Karaikal-592, Yanam-358 and Mahe-85 houses.
• In Telanagana, Siddipet got enhancement of 924 houses under BLC component at a total cost of about Rs14 crore for which central assistance of Rs14 crore was approved. With this, total number of houses sanctioned for the Telanagana under PMAY(Urban) come to around 81405.
• Himachal Pradesh (HP) was sanctioned 2655 houses for 12 towns at a total project cost of Rs 102 crore for which central assistance of Rs 40 crore was approved. With this, total number of houses sanctioned for the HP under PMAY(Urban) increased to 4569 so far.
• In Himachal Pradesh, Nalagarh was sanctioned 531 houses followed by Nahan-289, Dharamshala-227, Una-217, Mandi-174, Shimla-61, Chaba-57, Bilaspur-37, Solan-27, Baddi-25, Kullu-9 and Parwana-1.
• In addition, Karnataka was sanctioned 31424 houses, Madhya Pradesh -27475, Bihar-25221, Jharkhand-20099, Kerala-11480 and Odisha-2115 houses under PMAY(Urban).
When: 22 March 2017