Union Government used telephone feedback mechanism under CPGRMS for the first time for grievance redressal
The Centralized Public Grievance Redress and Monitoring System is a web based portal to receive grievances from citizens on the functioning of Government.
CPGRMS: Centralized Public Grievance Redress and Monitoring System
The abbreviation CPGRMS was in news on 22 March 2016 as the Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) Dr Jitendra Singh initiated a telephone feedback mechanism under the CPGRMS for the first time.
Using this facility, feedback regarding the response given by the officials will be collected from the complainants who used the Centralized Public Grievance Redress and Monitoring System.
Features of the CPGRMS
• The Centralized Public Grievance Redress and Monitoring System (CPGRAMS) is a web based portal to receive grievances from citizens on the functioning of Government.
• It was launched in 2007 to improve public service delivery and making governments citizen-centric.
• The portal also allows senior officials to monitor the progress of redressal of grievances at different levels.
• Between June 2014 and February 2016 around 12 lakhs grievances were registered. At present, on an average 1500 grievances are disposed off in a day and nearly 45000 grievances in a month.
• Around 12000 officers across the departments were designated by the Union Government for processing the grievances registered under the portal.
• It has been designed and implemented in all the Ministries and Departments of Government of India. A customized software with local language interface has also been designed for the state governments. This software is called CPGRAMS - States.
• The state module of CPGRAMS has been implemented in 9 States/Union Territories namely Haryana, Odisha, Rajasthan, Puducherry, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Uttrakhand, Jharkhand and Punjab.
• In October 2015, a mobile application for the portal was launched that provides for a Quick Response (QR) code which can be scanned on to the smart phone after which the grievance can be sent from the phone directly on to CPGRAMS.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App