Genetics is the study of how living things pass traits or characteristics from one generation to another. Genes, heredity and hereditary transmission all are studied under Genetics only. Transmission and origin of specific inherited traits like colour of eyes, colour and texture of hair, height, hereditary diseases etc. comes under genetics. It helps in various fields like agriculture, hereditary diseases, medicines etc. A scientist who studies genetics is called geneticist. Genetics is not only important to humans. It also applies to plants and other living cells. In this Quiz we will discuss about genetics, its laws and some terms related to it in the form of Question and Answers which will help you in various examinations.
1. The process of transfer of hereditary character from one generation to another is known as...........?
2. Who is known as father of genetics?
A. Gregor Mendel
B. Augustinian friar
C. Norman Borlaug
D. M.S Swaminathan
3. Who coined the term Mutation?
A. James Watson
B. Herman Joseph Muller
C. Hugo de Vries
D. None of the above
4. Which term of genetics represents the potential ability of a plant cell to grow into a complete plant?
5. Name the chromosome found in the cells which are responsible for characters other than sex chromosomes?
C. Mitochondrial chromosome
D. Y chromosome
What are Generic Medicines and why are they affordable
6. What do you mean by law of dominance?
A. When offspring shows the characters of generation.
B. When Offspring of cross breed parent only show dominant characters in F1 generation.
C. When offspring of cross breed parent only show dominant characters in F2 generation.
D. In F2 generation both the character which is governed by gene are separated.
7. A sudden change in the gene which is heritable from one generation to other is known as?
8. Which plant Gregor Mendel had cross breed for his experiment?
A. Onion plant
B. Carrot plant
C. Pea plant
D. Lily plant
9. The word linkage was first coined by which scientist?
A. Barbara McClintock
B. James Watson
C. Thomas Hunt Morgan
D. Hermann Joseph Muller
10. Which of the following process is an exception of Mendel Law?
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.