GK Questions & Answers on Physics: Work, Energy and Power
Work is a common term that we use in our daily life and it plays very vital role. As, we all know force changes the motion or momentum. But during this course the body on which the force is applied also moves through some distance. The quantity which measures the rate of work is done is called power.
This article deals with the question and answers on Work, Energy and Power which will able to understand the mechanism and help you in your preparations for various examinations.
1. Which of the following device converts chemical energy in to electrical energy?
B. Loud Speaker
C. Solar Cell
D. Electric Motor
2. The energy possessed by a body due to its position is called:
A. Kinetic Energy
B. Potential Energy
C. Mechanical Energy
D. Electrical Energy
3. Joule is a unit of:
D. None of the above
4. The commercial unit of Energy is:
5. When an object falls freely towards the ground, then its total energy:
C. Remains constant
D. First increases then decreases
6. In 1 minute how much energy does a 100 W electric bulb transfers?
A. 100 J
B. 600 J
C. 3600 J
D. 6000 J
7. What happens to the body on which work is done:
A. It loses energy
B. It gains energy
C. No change in the energy
D. First it loses then it gain
8. A radio set of 60 watts runs for 50 hours. How many units of electrical energy are consumed in kWh?
A. 2 kWh
B. 3 kWh
C. 4 kWh
D. 2.5 kWh
9. What is the smallest unit of power?
C. Horse power
10. On an object the work done does not depend upon:
B. Angle between force and displacement
C. Force applied
D. Initial velocity of an object
Hence, we can say that whenever a force makes a body move, then work is said to be done. For doing work, energy is required. In this set of Questions it will be clear what happens when work is done, how energy flows, what is power etc.