Prisons in India are a state subject covered under the State List in the Seventh Schedule of the Constitution of India. It is governed by the Prisons Act, 1900 and exclusively it falls under the domain of State Governments. Therefore, it is the duty of the State to take care of prison administration and can change the laws, rules and regulations. The Central Government provides assistance to the state to improve security in the prisons, medical assistance etc. Total there are 8 categories of Prisons in India but common among them are three namely Central Jails, District Jails and Sub Jails. Quiz on various prisons in India not only gives you idea about them but also enhance your knowledge.
1. Which of the following are correct statements about Tihar Jail in India?
(a) It is the largest complex of prisons in South Asia.
(b) It is situated at Delhi
(c) It is operating from 1957 and has a capacity of 5200 inmates.
(d) It contains nine central prisons, one of the two prison complexes in Delhi, along with a district prison at Rohini Prison Complex.
Correct Options are:
A. Both (a) and (b) are correct
B. Only (d) is correct
C. Both (c) and (d) are correct
D. All of the above are correct
2. Name the jail in which Mahatma Gandhi was kept during Independence movement in 1930s and 1940s?
A. Silchar Central Jail
B. Yerwada Central Jail
C. Bilaspur Jail
D. Thane Prison
What is the difference between Nationality and Citizenship?
3. Name the jail in India which uses music therapy and involves music training sessions, concerts and has his own radio station?
A. Srinagar Central Jail
B. Sabarmati Central Jail
C. Tihar Central Jail
D. Yerwada Central Jail
4. Name the central Jail in India which began operational from 2006 and comprises three complexes of buildings?
A. Yerwada Central Jail
B. Puzhal Central Jail
C. Rajkot Central Jail
D. Patiala Central Jail
5. India has signed “Repatriation of Prisoners” agreement with which country?
D. All the above
Which British Laws are still used in India
6. Rajahmundry Central Prison earlier was a fort constructed by:
7. Naini Central Prison located at Allahabad in UP has a capacity of how many prisoners?
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.
GK Questions and Answers on the Champaran Satyagraha
GK Questions and Answers on the System of Police and Intelligence during British India
GK Questions and Answers on the British legislation to stop Revolutionaries Activities in India
GK Questions and Answers on the Socio-Religious Reforms Movement in India