Generally people use e-Government and e-Governance as the synonyms of each other. But these words are different from each other. This article not only tells about the definition of these two words but also benefits received from the implementation of these words.
e-Government refers to the implementation of information and communication technology (ICT) like internet, to improve government activities and process. e-Government aims of increasing transparency, efficiency and citizen involvement in the various government schemes, operations and process. Hence it speeds up the justice delivery system in the country.
Benefits of e-Government
1. It ensures greater level of efficiency and effectiveness in government activities and operations.
2. Improves access of information to the common mass.
3. It ensures the transparency in the operation of government programmes.
4. It increases the reach of the government to the general public
5. It helps in improving the quality of public services
6. Increases communication between various government agencies.
Electronic governance, shortly known as e-governance refers to the utilization of information and communication technology (ICT) for providing government services, disseminating information, communication operations with the general public.
In simple words, e-Governance enables public in availing services, operations, schemes with the help of information and communication technology (ICT).
Benefits of e-Governance:
1. Revenue Growth
2. Enhances transparency, efficiency, accountability and citizen participation.
3. Cost Reduction
4. Guides the government to make improvement in the key areas.
5. Citizen empowerment through access to information.
6. Increases the reach of the government to the last beneficiary.
Key Differences between e-Government and e-Governance
1. By e-Government we mean the use of ICT in government operations, as a tool to increase the outreach of the government services. e-Governance, on the other hand, implies the use of ICT in transforming and supporting functions and structures of the system.
2. e-Government is a system while e-Governance is a function.
3. e-Government is a one-way communication protocol. On the contrary, e-Governance is a two-way communication protocol.
So from the above explanation you must have a clear understanding of the e-Government and e-Governance. They are seems like two faces of the same coins.