SSC exams are among the most sought exams held for the government jobs in India. Through SSC exams, The Qualified candidates are deputed under various government departments and other ministerial posts as a grade-‘C’ & ‘D’ officers. However, it is observed that the SSC exams get delayed in their conduction due to some managerial problems or technical faults most of the times. This delay can be in any phase of the examination whether it is Tier-1 or 2 or 3. Sometimes, the registration date get extended or exam dates are postponed or other things are deceased in deferring of the exams. A lots of students come in their comfort zone and enjoy the extended time in watching movies or planning holidays or in other stuffs. They do not know how to utilize this time in making selection.
In this article, we are sharing some useful and essential tips for utilizing the extended time in preparation of SSC exams. What you should do? Let us check these out.
How to plan study in the extended time
• The candidates can make use of most of the time, which they have got due to the delay in the examination. It has provided additional time to prepare for both the online exam and written exam.
• Because the commission has inducted the examination online from 2016 onwards, the online and written examination gap is expected to shorten. Thus, the candidates must begin preparation for both the examinations from now as they would not get much time in between. They should divide their time of preparation for both examinations.
• The candidates must take note of the incidents and events of national and international importance in this while, as they could formulate questions in the examination. They should keep a regular eye on the everyday news, through online and offline sources available to them.
• The candidates must search for effective books available in the field of preparation and should look for mock question papers available in different sources.
• If the candidates feel that they require guidance on how to prepare for the examination, they could join a preparation coaching class for a month or so on and undergo a crash course. This would help developing newer ideas and enable them to learn new tricks and methods to approach tricky questions.
• The candidates should take their own test while preparation. They should keep an eye on the time that they clock to solve a certain number of questions in the particular paper. They should try and better their time as the time passes in their preparation process.
• Candidates must ensure that they address the paper they are weak in, seriously in the extra time that they have got before the examination. They should resort to the basics of the particular subject and try to solve the problem from the root.
• You can even take help from their friends by studying in groups and discussing approaches of questions and other details regarding the subject of their discomfort.
• Candidates must undergo regular writing and reading practice to make sure that they perform well in the English language paper. They should try to accumulate more words into their vocabulary and work on making their sentence formation skills better.
• Those candidates, who have fear for computer machines and are not aware of the online examination module, could quickly learn about the computer basics by roping themselves in a short term computer course.
The extended time, given by the commission to the candidates applied for various SSC posts, would help the candidates prepare better for the examination. They would be able to use to the time to shed their fear from any particular subject and work on the same to better it. This would also make way for many candidates to undergo an extensive preparation schedule, in which they can focus majorly on their weaker areas and strengthen their chances of getting selected to the posts offered by SSC through several entries for government offices and ministries.
All the Best!