Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) has declared that this year’s Clerical Cadre examination CWE V is going to take place in the month of December 2015. The preliminary examination is going to take place on December whereas the Mains examination would take place on January 2016. Candidates need to gear up for the prelims examination from now onwards as they need to be prepared to compete with the lakhs of competitive candidates trying to get their place secured in the Mains examination. The Mains examination consists of five papers namely Reasoning, English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, General Awareness and Computer Knowledge and contains a total of 200 marks. The candidates are given a composite time of 2 hours to solve these questions. Hence they need to be very quick in their approach and try to be as accurate as possible so that their mark doesn’t get cut due to negative marking.
General Awareness paper in the IBPS Clerk examination focuses majorly on the Banking sector and tests the general awareness level of the candidates. The candidates are expected to keep track of the recent ongoing events of national and international interest. They need to make sure that they do not miss any significant incident taking place in the immediate sector which the paper deals with.
Syllabus for General Awareness: Although IBPS does not provide syllabus, Jagranjosh has come up with topics to be prepared for IBPS Clerk Exam 2015.
The topics list: This part covers following topics:-
• Current affairs related to national and international issues of last 6 months.
• Overview of Indian Financial System
• History of Indian banking system.
• Recent credit and monetary policies
• Introduction to National financial institutions like RBI, SEBI, IRDA, FSDC etc and of International organizations like IMF,
World Bank, ADB, UN etc.
• Abbreviations and Economic terminologies
• Banking Terms
• Important Government Schemes on capital & money market
Preparation Tips for General Awareness
• Get a good knowledge of Banking Terms: The paper majorly delves towards the banking terms, terminology, particular banking schemes, bank history and other bank related anecdotes. Hence the candidates need to be aware of the syllabus items under the paper and prepare themselves accordingly. In order to get going the candidates can follow books, journals and magazines dedicated to banking industry that come out in market from time to time.
• Keep abreast of the recent incidents: The motif of this paper is to check the awareness level of the candidates and thus the candidates need to be updated on any incident or event of national or international importance. They need to keep an eye on varied array of subjects including sports, politics, achievements, finance, economics, social sciences and a lot more.
• Make a catalogue of information gathered: In order to remember the news and current events efficiently the candidates need to catalogue the important information into one place. This would further make reading and accessing the information in future easier. Thorough this method the candidates can actually segment information categorically and read them separately to remember them more comfortably.
• Go through newspapers and Internet: Digital medium is a huge asset while preparing for this paper and the candidates need to follow a daily newspaper to highlight any important incident taken place. Internet could provide a host of other related information regarding a certain sorted event by the candidates.
• Take help of good books: Good books, magazines, trusted websites, blogs and other internet archives are very helpful in gathering information of importance in this paper. The candidates need to develop a habit of constant reading every day from various sources and take note of the important aspects of a particular news item.