Students appearing for IIT JEE 2018 include candidates who could not crack IIT JEE 2017 and they are appearing for the engineering entrance exam for the second or third time and also there are students who may have dropped a year for IIT JEE preparation. Such students need to follow a different strategy for the preparation than students taking IIT JEE exam for the first time.
In this article, we will be discussing that how dropper and repeater students can prepare for IIT JEE in order to crack the exam.
Read below the tips for cracking IIT JEE in second/third attempt –
1. Don’t be over confident about the topics you know – Students preparing for IIT JEE 2018, should not leave or give less consideration to the topics/subject they think they can do well. This is a mistake often committed by unsuccessful students because this may affect their scores in exam due to less preparation of such topics. So, even if you are confident about some topics, don’t forget to prepare them. Give such topics equal important and practice to crack IIT JEE 2018.
2. Focus on improving, but don’t forget to enhance your strengths – Students should practice mock test in order to improve their subject knowledge through various questions from same concept. This will help them understand every aspect of the concept and hence they can achieve more marks. However, if students, who are appearing for IIT JEE 2018, feel that their strength is accuracy but they need to improve on speed, then they should prepare with both aspects in mind because speed and accuracy both will help them crack IIT JEE exam 2018. This means, they should not overlook their strengths even if they are focusing on improving their weaknesses.
3. Focus on Class 12th and class 11th syllabus as well – IIT JEE 2018 question paper will be based on both class 11 and class 12 syllabus, so students should consider studying from both the syllabus. However, they should not study anything outside the syllabus. One of the common reason for students not being able to crack IIT JEE, was they didn’t prepare class 11 syllabus well enough and only focused on Class 12th syllabus. This made them, lose their marks in the questions that were based on basic concepts from class 11 syllabus.
4. Don’t over think about your last attempt/failure – stress from last attempt/failure will hamper students’ chances of being successful in IIT JEE 2018. It is better for students to stay focused on preparation rather than stressing on the harm that has been done already. It cannot be changed, if you don’t aspire to crack IIT JEE in your next attempt i.e. only you can change you failure in to success with determination and, such negative or stressful thoughts will distract you from your success in IIT JEE 2018.
5. Don’t think that it is you only last chance – Generally, students worry about their chance to make it into engineering colleges. Students should not prepare for IIT JEE with such mindset because it becomes a reason of stress during preparation and lose self-confidence. Remember, even if, you have attempted IIT JEE two times earlier, this chance can make you successful, if you plan to crack IIT JEE 2018 with determination. Students must not forget that this is a chance for admissions to premier engineering colleges all over India but, there are various state-level as well as university level engineering exams like WBJEE, UPSEE, and SRMJEE for admissions to engineering courses.
6. Manager your Preparation Time – The most important factor for IIT JEE 2018 that students should not risk to ignore is ‘Time Management’. Students need to keep in mind that there are 90 questions in IIT JEE 2018, equally divided in to three section and total time 180 minutes i.e. for each question, student gets 2 mins. Keeping this in mind students need to focus on their speed of solving the questions so that they can solve maximum correct questions within the given time duration. IIT JEE 2018 appearing candidates can improve their speed by solving maximum mock test papers before the exam.
7. Consider variety and valuable study material – IIT JEE 2018 aspirants need to study from the study material that is based on the JEE syllabus only. That means, they should study with previous year question paper, updated syllabus, mock test papers. Model/sample test papers only. This will build their concept knowledge as per the exam pattern of IIT JEE only.
8. Think positive to stay motivated in order to crack IIT JEE – Students who could not make it at the first attempt for IIT JEE often loose positivity and confidence. Even if they are planning to appear in the exam again, they deal with regular stress regarding their performance in the exam. For such students, it is really important to focus on their goal of cracking IIT JEE 2018, they should think that this time they will be successful and only think about the results positively.
To summarise –
How to plan your study for JEE (Main & Advanced), UPSEE, WBJEE and other Engineering Entrance Exams?
Planning to get into Top Engineering Colleges? Tips & Strategies for Preparation
Follow these 6 tips to get good rank in Engineering Entrance Examination 2018
Engineering Entrance Examinations 2018: Top tips to prepare in six months