JEE Main Exam 2019 will be conducted between Jan 8 and 12 in two shifts i.e., First Shift (9:30 AM to 12:30 PM) and Second Shift (2:30 PM to 5:30 PM). The exam will be concluded on January 12. A total of 11,09,250 candidates registered (9,29,198 for Paper-I & 1,80,052 for Paper II) for JEE Main 2019. This year, the national testing agency (NTA) is going to conduct JEE Main in fully computer based test mode for the very first time. After revising the complete JEE Main Syllabus 2019, appearing students are searching for last minute preparation tips. Students are very curious about the things to be followed on D-day so that they can perform well in the upcoming examination. Here, we are providing some important things to be followed on D-Day.
1. Candidates should reach their respective exam centres at least 30 minutes before the reporting time. Use Center Locator feature (available on jeemain.nic.in) to know the exact location of the exam centre.
2. Candidates should carry all the necessary documents to the exam centre.
3. Appearing students must avoid carrying restricted items.
4. Don’t panic while entering the examination hall.
5. Take the seat allotted to you and relax yourself.
6. Put signature, left hand thumb impression and photograph followed by filling all necessary details at the appropriate place in the attendance sheet.
Documents to be carried to the JEE Main Exam Centre 2019:
1. Printout of JEE Main Admit Card 2019:
To appear for JEE Main 2019, appearing candidates need to carry printout (preferably coloured hardcopy) of admit card. Students must crosscheck all the details are clearly visible on the admit card.
2. One passport size photograph:
Along with the admit card, students will have to carry one passport size photograph (same as uploaded with the JEE Main Application Form 2019) that to be pasted on the Attendance Sheet at the exam centre.
3. A valid Photo ID proof:
Students will have to carry a valid Photo ID Proof in ORIGINAL (Not Photocopy) like PAN card/ Driving License/ Voter ID/ Passport/ Aadhaar Card (With photograph)/E- Aadhaar/Ration Card. No candidate would be allowed to enter the Examination Centre without a valid Photo ID proof.
Note: ID Cards issued by Schools/ Colleges/ Universities/Coaching Centres, Aadhar enrollment receipt without Aadhar number are not acceptable at the JEE Main Exam Centres 2019.
4. PwD certificate (if applicable):
Students claiming the relaxation under PwD category must carry their PwD certificate issued by the Competent Authority. They may also report early at the exam centres for comfortable entry.
Carrying restricted items to the exam hall should be avoided:
1. Appearing candidates need not carry any stationary items like geometry box, text written material, pen and paper.
Note: Pen, pencil and blank paper sheets for rough work will be provided in the examination Hall/Room.
2. Candidates should not carry any electronic devices like mobile phone, electronic watches, ear phone, calculator etc.
3. Candidates can’t carry any eatables and water bottles inside the examination hall.
Note: Diabetic students can carry eatables like sugar tablets, fruits and transparent water bottle to the Examination Hall/Room.
How to attempt JEE Main Computer based Test (CBT) 2019:
The exam will be started on the schedule time after completing all the formalities. Students who are going to appear first time for a computer based test can follow the tips to score good marks in the exam.
To know more, click on the link given below:
JEE Main 2019: Planning for 2nd Attempt in April? Check 3 Takeaways from Exams Conducted in January
JEE Main 2019: Check Expected Cut-off or Qualifying Marks & Exam Analysis
JEE Main 2019: Memory Based Questions and Topics of Paper I (9,10,11 and 12 January, All Shifts)
JEE Main 2019: Analysis and Review of Paper I (9, 10, 11 and 12 January, All Shifts)