NDA & NA (II) 2017 Exam: GK Practice Questions – Geography Set 02
The questions help the aspirants in understanding the nature of questions asked in the upcoming NDA II 2017 Exam.
For the benefit of NDA & NA (II) Exam 2017 aspirants Jagran Josh is providing practice questions on Indian Geography. The answers to the questions help the aspirants in understanding the nature of the questions and consequently in devising a suitable strategy.
1. Tropical Cyclones are intense low pressure areas confined to the area lying between
a) 30 degree north and 30 degree south
b) 50 degree north and 50 degree south
c) 50 degree north and 30 degree south
d) 5 degree north and 5 degree south
Ans. (a) 30 degree north and 30 degree south
2. The Indian Tsunami Early Warning Centre (ITEWC) established at the Indian National Centre for Ocean Information Sciences is located in
Ans. (d) Hyderabad
3. Rashtriya Barh Ayog (National Flood Commission) identified ______ million hectares of land as flood-prone in India.
Ans. (a) 40
4. Which of these is/are flood prevention and mitigation strategy?
1. Construction of flood protection embankments
2. Depopulating the flood plains
4. Decongesting river channels
Select the correct option using the codes given below
a) 1 and 2 only
b) 1, 2 and 3 only
c) 2, 3 and 4 only
d) 1, 2, 3 and 4
Ans. (d) 1, 2, 3 and 4
5. The summer and winter seasons in a year are caused by
a) Aphelion (farthest) and Perihelion (nearest) positions of the Earth from the Sun during the annual revolution
b) Rotation of the Earth on its axis
c) Variation in solar insolation
d) Revolution of the Earth on its inclined axis
Ans. (d) Revolution of the Earth on its inclined axis
6. Which one of the following is the coral group of islands of India?
Ans. (d) Lakshdweep
7. Consider the following surface winds:
2. Trade Winds
4. Polar Winds
Which one of the following is the idealized global pattern of these winds from the Equator to the Pole?
Ans. (a) 1-2-3-4
8. Taungup Pass is a mountain corridor connecting India with
Ans. (d) Myanmar
9. Lapland is a cultural region largely within the Arctic Circle in the north of the Scandinavian peninsula. Who inhabited the Lapland?
a) Sami people
b) Padaung people
c) Hamar people
d) Himba people
Ans. (a) Sami people
10. Considering the locations of mountains in India, which one among the following is in right sequence from south to north?
a) Doddabetta, Kailash, Dhaulagiri, Vindhyachal
b) Doddabetta, Vindhyachal, Dhaulagiri, Kailash
c) Dhaulagiri, Kailash, Doddabetta, Vindhyachal
d) Dhaulagiri, Vindhyachal, Doddabetta, Kailash
Ans. (b) Doddabetta, Vindhyachal, Dhaulagiri, Kailash