As CAT 2011 is just days away, here is the Solved CAT Question Paper 2007. Certain changes have been made in CAT 2011, including the changes in number of sections. Now there will be just 2 sections of 70 minutes duration each. Download CAT 2007 for practicing and analyzing the kind of questions asked in this prestigious exam
1. The price of Darjeeling tea (in rupees per kilogram) is 100 + 0.10 n, on the nth day of 2007 (n = 1, 2, ..., 100), and then remains constant. On the other hand, the price of Ooty tea (in rupees per kilogram) is 89 + 0.15n, on the nth day of 2007 (n = 1, 2, ..., 365). On which date in 2007 will the prices of these two varieties of tea be equal?
(a) June 30
(b) May 21
(c) April 11
(d) May 20
(e) April 10
2. A quadratic function f(x) attains a maximum of 3 at x = 1. The value of the function at x = 0 is 1. What is the value of f(x) at x = 10?
3. Two circles with centres P and Q cut each other at two distinct points A and B. The circles have the same radii and neither P nor Q falls within the intersection of the circles. What is the smallest range that includes all possible values of the angle AQP in degrees?
(a) Between 0 and 45
(b) Between 0 and 90
(c) Between 0 and 30
(d) Between 0 and 60
(e) Between 0 and 75
6. The maximum guaranteed return to Shabnam is
7. What strategy will maximize the guaranteed return to Shabnam?
(a) 30% in option A, 32% in option B and 38% in option C
(b) 100% in option A
(c) 36% in option B and 64% in option C
(d) 64% in option B and 36% in option C
(e) 1/3 in each of the three options