The first Mega Food Park (MFP) of Madhya Pradesh was on 12 February 2016 inaugurated at Panwa village in Kasarwad tehsil of Khargone district.
The MFP, named after Indus, was inaugurated by Harsimrat Kaur Badal, Union Minister of Food Processing Industries.
Details related to the Mega Food Park
• It was set up by M/s Indus mega Food Part Pvt. Ltd at an estimated cost of 127.70 crore rupees in an area of 53.78 acres.
• It has a Central Processing Centre at Khargone and three Primary Processing Centres are being set up at Bedia, Ratlam and Ujjain to provide strong backward linkages.
• It is expected to provide direct and indirect employment to about 6000 people and benefit about 25000 to 30000 farmers in its catchment area.
• It will have facilities of 3000 MT Cold Storage, 9000 MT Dry Warehouse, Instant Quick Freeze (IQF) 5 MT per hour, modern Quality Control lab and other processing facilities for fruits and vegetables.
• It will create a modern infrastructure for arresting post-harvest losses of horticultural and non-horticultural produce and provide impetus to the growth of food processing sector in Madhya Pradesh.
• It will help in providing better prices to farmers, reduce wastage of perishables and add value to agricultural produce.
• It will help in creating huge opportunities for entrepreneurship and employment for the youth of the State.
• It will benefit the people of Khargone district and the people of nearby districts of Indore, Ratlam, Ujjain, Dhar, Khandwa, Dewas&Barwani as well.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
Who: Indua Mega Food Park
When: 12 February 2016
Madhya Pradesh Elections 2018: Congress wins 114 seats, falls short of majority
Andhra Pradesh, Odisha, MP awarded best-performing states in ’Ease of Living Index’ 2018
Union Government, ADB sign USD 375 million loan agreement to improve irrigation efficiency in Madhya Pradesh
Shaheed Saman Diwas to be observed in Madhya Pradesh