The Fifth Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav (RSM) – 2017 will be organized in North Eastern Region of India from 23 March to 31 March 2017 by the Union Ministry of Culture.
The festival will be inaugurated at Parade Ground, Tawang in Arunachal Pradesh on 23 March 2017 and will extend to other North Eastern states including Dimapur (Nagaland), Majuli (Assam), Imphal (Manipur), Aizawl (Mizoram), Gangtok (Sikkim), Shillong (Meghalaya and Khowai (Tripura).
The nine days cultural extravaganza will be inaugurated by Governor of Nagaland and Arunachal Pradesh PadmanabhaBalakrishna.
Highlights of the Fifth Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav
• About 5000 artists from North East India and 2000 artists from across the country will showcase India’s cultural heritage through performances, arts and cuisines.
• The festival will be implemented through the seven Zonal Cultural Centres.
• The North East Zone Cultural Centre (NEZCC), Dimapur will be the nodal agency to carry forward the execution of the National Cultural Festival.
• Each Zonal Cultural Centre will present their arts during the festival which would showcase an amalgamation of ‘Ek Bharat, Srestha Bharat’, ‘HamaariSanskriti, HamaariPanchaan’ and ‘Swachh India’.
• The inaugural ceremony will exhibit varied art forms like Buddhist Chant and Gung, Vedic Chanting, PuruliaChhou, Yoga, DholCholom and PungCholom, Ladakhi dance and Godambaza.
Where: North East Region
What: being organized
When: 23 March 2017