Abdul Wahid Tanveer of Team TVS on 17 July 2016 clinched the 2016 MRF MoGrip FMSCI National Rally Championship for two-wheelers, as he extended his run to the fourth round at the MRF Rally of Coimbatore in the six-round competition.
Bengaluru-based Wahid, riding a TVS RTR 450, clocked 1 hour 02 min, 13 seconds to complete the challenging Special Stages set around the wind farms near the Kethanur (Palladam) area.
The total distance of the route was approximately 145 km and total distance of the special stages was about 70 km.
R Nataraj of Team TVS, astride a TVS RTR 450, came overall second with a time of 1 hour 04 minutes and 21 seconds. S D Viswas, a privateer, grabbed third position overall on a Yamaha 250F motorcycle, clocking 1 hour 12 minutes and 01 seconds.
About Federation of Motor Sports Clubs of India
• The Federation of Motor Sports Clubs of India (FMSCI) was founded in 1971.
• It is a long-standing member of the Fédération Internationale de Motocyclisme (FIM) and the Federation International de l’Automobile (FIA), the world bodies for 2/3 and 4 wheeler motor sport respectively.
• The FMSCI is the only national motor sport federation recognised by the Government of India for the promotion and control of motor sport in India.
• It is affiliated to the Indian Olympic Association.
• The FMSCI is affiliated to the Asian Motorcycle Union (UAM), the Continental Asian wing of the FIM.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.