Aditi Ashok becomes first Indian to win Ladies European Tour title
Aditi Ashok is the first and the only Indian golfer who played the Asian Youth Games in 2013, Youth Olympic Games in 2014, Asian Games in 2014 and Rio Olympics in 2016.
Indian golfer Aditi Ashok on 13 November 2016 became the first Indian woman to win a Ladies European Tour title by clinching the Hero Women's Indian Open.
Ashok shot an even par-72 in the final round to win the title.
The golfer took her total score to three-under 213, one stroke clear of Brittany Lincicome of the US and Spaniard Belen Mozo who finished tied second.
About Aditi Ashok
• Aditi Ashok is an Indian professional golfer.
• She made history by being the youngest and first Indian to win the Lalla Aicha Tour School and therefore secured her Ladies European Tour card for the 2016 season. This victory also made her the youngest winner of a Q School for an international tour.
• She is the first and the only Indian golfer who played the Asian Youth Games in 2013, Youth Olympic Games in 2014, Asian Games in 2014 and Rio Olympics in 2016.
About Ladies European Tour
• The Ladies European Tour is a professional golf tour for women.
• It was founded in 1979.
• It is based in England.
• The tour is run by a Board of Directors and a Players' Council.
• Most of the players on the tour are European, and the largest non-European contingent by far comes from Australia.