Acting Chief Justice of the Kerala High Court Antony Dominic was on February 9, 2018 sworn in as the Chief Justice of Kerala.
Justice Dominic administered the Oath of Office from Kerala Governor P. Sadasivam in the presence of Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan at Raj Bhavan, Kerala. The state Chief Secretary Paul Antony read out the Presidential order appointing Justice Dominic as the Chief Justice.
With this, Justice Dominic became the first Keralite to occupy the post of Chief Justice of Kerala in 17 years. The last Keralite who occupied the top post was Justice KK Usha, who served the court in the year 2001.
About Justice Antony Dominic
• Justice Dominic is a native of Ponkunnam near Kanjirapally in Kottayam district.
• He got his law degree from SDM Law College, Mangalore and started the legal practice as a lawyer in the Judicial First Class Magistrate Court in Kanjirapally in 1981.
• Subsequently, he shifted to the Kerala High Court in 1986.
• He became an additional judge of the Kerala High Court in 2007 and within a year, he was elevated as permanent judge of the High Court of Kerala.
• He is a member of the Karikattukunnel House, Ponkunnam.
SpaceX launches Falcon Heavy, the world's most powerful rocket carrying car into space