The NITI Aayog’s Atal Innovation Mission and MyGov platform on July 26, 2018 jointly launched the ‘#InnovateIndia Platform’, collaboration between both the platforms.
The #InnovateIndia was launched by R Ramanan, Mission Director of Atal Innovation Mission and Arvind Gupta, CEO of MyGov.
Highlights of the #InnovateIndia portal
• The #InnovateIndia portal will serve as the common point for all the innovation happening across the nation.
• MyGov-AIM portal creates the much-needed innovations platform for registering both grassroots and deep-tech innovators at a national level.
• Those searching for a critical innovation can leverage the portal advantageously for the benefit of the economy as well as national social needs.
• The #InnovateIndia platform is open to all Indian citizens.
• The users can view, comment, share, and rate the innovations crowdsourced on the #InnovateIndia platform.
• The users can also view the leader board which is calculated based on the votes on each innovation.
• Citizens can share their, their organizations and even someone else’s innovation on the platform by logging to the MyGov website.
• These innovations can also be shared on various social media platforms such as WhatsApp, Facebook, and Twitter.
• With the launch of the platform, citizens will be able to upload and rate their and their organizations innovation on the platform.
• The citizens can access the platform on https://innovate.mygov.in/innovateindia/.
Atal Innovation Mission (AIM)
• Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) is Union Government's flagship initiative to promote a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship in the country.
• AIM is mandated to create an umbrella structure to oversee innovation ecosystem of the country.
• AIM envisions the creation of a collaborative ecosystem, where students, teachers, mentors and industry partners work to facilitate innovation, foster scientific temper and an entrepreneurial spirit.
• Atal Tinkering Laboratories (ATLs), Atal Incubation Centre and Established Incubation Centre will take the innovations to the market and a network of incubators will help create enterprises around these innovations.
• So far, AIM has already announced selection of 2441 schools across India to establish ATLs covering 93 percent of the total districts in India and 98 percent of the upcoming smart cities.
• MyGov is a web platform that was created to facilitate citizen engagement in good governance.
• MyGov enables the citizens especially the youth to volunteer for specific tasks and projects at grassroots level.
• It will allow the common people to reach the government with ideas and suggestions.
• The platform is managed by National Informatics Centre (NIC), Department of Electronics and Information Technology (DeitY).
Parliament passes Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (Second Amendment) Bill, 2018
Assam-NRC Draft can’t be basis of any action by any authority: SC
Government to soon introduce bill proposing death penalty for mob lynching
Ministry of Shipping issues new guidelines for improving treasury investment for Major Ports