Australia defeated Belgium to win Hockey World League Final
India defeated world number two and defending champions Netherlands by 3-2 in the penalty shoot-out.
Australia on 6 December 2015 defeated Belgium by 2-1 to win 2014-2015 Men’s Hockey World League Final, which was held at Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel Stadium, Raipur.
India defeated world number two and defending champions Netherlands by 3-2 in the penalty shoot-out, and clinched the bronze medal in the tournament.
About 2014–15 Men's FIH Hockey World League
• The 2014–15 Men's International Hockey Federation (FIH) Hockey World League was the second edition of the FIH Hockey World League field hockey championship for men.
• It took place from 27 November to 6 December 2015 in Raipur, India.
• The Semifinals of the competition also served as a qualifier for the 2016 Summer Olympics.
• Each national association member of the FIH had the opportunity to compete in the tournament. After seeking entries to participate, 56 teams were announced to compete.
• A total of 8 teams competed for Hockey World League Final. The teams were India, Germany, Argentina, Netherlands, Canada, Australia, Belgium and Great Britain.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App