MOVE: India’s First Global Mobility Summit 2018 to be inaugurated by the Prime Minister
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate MOVE: India’s ever first Global Mobility Summit organized by NITI Aayog at Vigyan Bhawan, New delhi on September 7, 2018.
• The focus of the summit is on raising awareness about various aspects of Mobility and bringing various stakeholders involved in enhancing mobility across different platforms.
• Representative from various Intergovernmental Organizations, Academia, Policy Think tanks from India and abroad, Global leaders from across the mobility sector will be sharing their views on enhancing mobility.
• The Global Mobility Summit aims to revolutionise the way people travel in India, along with making mobility more connected, shared and seamless.
• The Global Mobility Summit is the first of its kind, with over 2200 participants expected from across the world.
India to participate at 87th Izmir International Tradeshow in Turkey
• India is the Partner Country in the 87th Izmir International tradeshow which begins in Izmir, Turkey from September 7, 2018.
• In this tradeshow India will also be launching a mega business pavilion ‘Source India’ hosting 75 Indian companies with the aim of tie-ups to increase India’s exports to Turkey.
• This is part of a series of ‘Source India pavilions’ that the Trade Promotion Council of India (TPCI) is hosting in important tradeshows across the world for boosting India’s exports.
• TPCI is the trade and investment promotion organisation of the Department of Commerce, Union Ministry of Commerce & Industry.
6th edition of Bengaluru Space Expo inaugurated
• The 6th edition of the biennial Bengaluru Space Expo was inaugurated by ISRO Chairman Dr K Sivan in Bengaluru.
• The three day event will showcase industry participation in Indian space programme.
• India and France are strategic partners in the space programme and are working in close proximity in development of space missions.
• France will provide space medicines for Indian astronauts who will be part of India's first Manned Space Mission Gaganyaan.
• A sum of Rs 10400 crore is earmarked for manufacturing of PSLV launch vehicle out of which Rs 9000 crore worth production will be given to private industries.
Indian navy ships & aircraft arrive in Sri Lanka to participate SLINEX-2018
• Indian navy ships and aircraft arrived in Sri Lanka to take part in the SLINEX-2018 at Trincomalee, Sri Lanka.
• SLINEX-2018 is a joint exercise between Indian and Sri Lankan navies.
• The exercise which was previously held biannually has now been converted to an annual event from this year.
• It aims to enhance cooperation in the maritime domain and to further strengthen mutual trust and interoperability between the two navies.
• The scope of this week-long exercise has been significantly increased this year with three ships, two maritime patrol aircraft and one helicopter participating from the Indian side. Sri Lanka Air Force personnel would also join in the exercise for the first time.
• The exercise will be conducted in two phases, namely the Harbour and Sea Phase.
Indo-Kazakhstan Joint Exercise KAZIND 2018
• Joint Army Exercise ‘KAZIND’ will be conducted between the Indian and Kazakhstan Army from September 10 to 23, 2018 in Otar region, Kazakhstan.
• The aim of the exercise is to build and promote bilateral Army to Army relations and exchange skills and experiences between Kazakhstan Army and the Indian Army.
• The exercise will also serve as a platform for exchange of drills and procedures.
Video: Check out the latest current affairs of this week