Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like Maternity Benefit (Amendment) Bill, 2016, Table Tennis at Rio Olympics, and Pakistani cricketer, often dubbed as Little Master among others.
1. The Maternity Benefit (Amendment) Bill, 2016 that was passed by Rajya Sabha seeks to amend the Maternity Benefit Act of the year?
2. The Maternity Benefit (Amendment) Bill, 2016 that was passed by Rajya Sabha increases the availability of the maternity benefit by how many weeks from the date of expected delivery?
a) Six weeks
b) Seven weeks
c) Eight weeks
d) Ten weeks
3. Ma Long defeated China’s Zhang Jike by 4-0 to win the gold medal in Table Tennis at Rio Olympics. With this win, Long also became the fifth male player to complete the Grand Slam. He belongs to which country?
c) South Korea
4. Who is appointed as the Managing Director of Microsoft India Research Lab located in Bengaluru?
a) Chandu Thekkath
b) Vrijesh Sarabhai
c) Sriram Rajamani
d) None of the above
5. Which state became the first to ratify The Constitution (122nd Amendment) (GST) Bill, 2014?
6. Which of the following is not part of the consortium of the government entities that made the proposal of R&D project for development of Advanced Ultra Super Critical (AUSC) Technology for Thermal Power Plants?
a) Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL)
b) Indira Gandhi Centre of Atomic Research (IGCAR)
c) National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC)
d) Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC)
7. Name the swimmer who became the first swimmer to win four consecutive gold medals in same event?
a) Mark Spitz
b) Matt Biondi
c) Ryan Lochte
d) Michael Phelps
8. Name the legendary Pakistani cricketer, often dubbed as Little Master, who passed away recently.
a) Hanif Mohammad
b) Anwar Hussain
c) Imtiaz Ahmed
d) Israr Ali
9. Kazakhstan’s Nijat Rahimov won gold medal of the men's 77kg weightlifting class at the Rio Olympic Games. He formerly represented which country?
10. Which Indian music composer will honour legendary carnatic vocalist M. S. Subbulakshmi at the United Nations on 15 August 2016 at the United Nations General Assembly?
a) Amit Trivedi
b) A.R. Rahman
c) Shankar Mahadevan
d) Lucky Ali
11. Dmitriy Balandin won men's 200m breaststroke swimming event at the Rio Olympics. He represents which of the following countries?
12. Unit 1 of Kudankulam Nuclear Power Plant was recently dedicated to nation. The reactors of the plant are built jointly by
a) Russia’s Rosatom Company and India’s Nuclear Power Corporation of India
b) Russia’s Atomstroyexport Company and India’s DRDO
c) Russia’s Atomstroyexport Company and India’s Nuclear Power Corporation of India
d) None of the above
13. Name the two states for which the Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation (HUPA) approved construction of over 37013 houses for the urban poor.
a) Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh
b) Karnataka and Haryana
c) Haryana and Andhra Pradesh
d) Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh
14. Anti-monopoly watchdog of which country ruled that Google would have to pay a 6.8 million dollar fine, for pre-installing applications on mobile devices running its Android operating system?
15. What was the theme of the International Meeting on Counter Terrorism that was held in Bali, Indonesia?
a) Countering Cross Border Movement of Terrorism
b) Terrorism and the World
c) Countering Terrorism
d) Movement against Terrorism
1. (b) 1961
2. (c) Eight weeks
3. (a) China
4. (c) Sriram Rajamani
5. (b) Assam
6. (d) Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC)
7. (d) Michael Phelps
8. (a) Hanif Mohammad
9. (a) Azerbaijan
10. (b) A.R. Rahman
11. (d) Kazakhstan
12. (c) Russia’s Atomstroyexport Company and India’s Nuclear Power Corporation of India
13. (b) Karnataka and Haryana
14. (a) Russia
15. (a) Countering Cross Border Movement of Terrorism